Pre-Competitive PROGRAM (9 to 17 yrs) – USING NORMAL TENNIS BALLS
HOW IT WORKS…
- The Pre-Competitive program is a great way for 9 to 17 years old tennis enthusiasts to gain competences and to continue training. It is played on a full size tennis court, with full size rackets and normal balls.
What age is the Pre-Competitive Program aimed at?
- The GSM Tennis Club pre-competitive program is for players aged 9 to 17.
What ball is used?
- A normal ball is used.
What size court is Pre-Competitve Program tennis played on?
- The GSM Tennis Club Pre-Competitive Program is played on a normal size court.
What height is the net?
- The net is at full height.
What racket is best to use?
A regular size racket is used.
What kind of competitions are there in the Recreational Program?
- In the Pre-Competitive Program tennis there are individual and team competitions, with scoring extended to sets (regular scoring).
The Pre-Competitive Program tennis program has been designed for players between the ages of 9 to 17 years old and allows the opportunity take part in exciting exercises with regular rewards which encourages players to develop their tennis skills at a pace that suits them. Pre-Competitive Program players progress through different levels by acquiring new skills and taking part in exercises.
In the GSM Tennis Club Pre-Competitive Program tennis phase our players learn and excel on four important skills:
- Rally – Learning and developing rallying skills
- Serve – Learning and developing serving skills
- Come to the net – Learning and developing movement forwards and volleying
- Score and Compete – Learning the rules, how to score, how to compete and fair play
At this stage players will learn to develop tactically and technically on a full size court.